DB_ERROR: Sorry, a database error occured.

A7V

04-10-2004 14:09:00

Just got the following error
[code1b81c17c0ce]DB_ERROR: Sorry, a database error occured. We cannot continue. Please contact the administrator and let them know what you were doing when the problem occured[/code1b81c17c0ce]
I just selected a device, Recached Intefaces, selected all interfaces and pressed "Monitor/Graph All Checked"
I tried selecting just one interface and even deleting the device and adding it again with no luck, I always get the same error message.
This is the first time it has ever happened and I can replicate the issue easily.
Any hints? roll

validan

04-10-2004 14:33:25

Can you paste in a copy of the Listing of the interfaces?

keb

05-10-2004 01:05:17

Set dbdebug to true in config.php and perform the same steps you took to get the error. This will show you the db query that failed and will assist us in finding the source of the problem.

Also, is this in 0.17 or an earlier version?

Thanks,
Kevin

A7V

06-10-2004 10:44:53

[code1f42f0a7547]DB_ERROR: Couldn't execute query:

INSERT INTO sub_devices SET dev_id='129', type=2, name='PIX Firewall 'INTERNET' interface'


You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'INTERNET' interface'' at line 1[/code1f42f0a7547]

OK, the reason is something I though off, but since I have 2 more devices with similar names I guessed it wouldn't be a problem the ' character. I have 2 more devices that are currently being graphed and who's interfaces have the same naming scheme and were added with no issues shock
I wasn't the one to add the old ones, so I can precise if the interface names was like this at the time they were added to NetMRG.
Comments?

keb

06-10-2004 19:43:12

[quote18c6a0aeb6="A7V"]OK, the reason is something I though off, but since I have 2 more devices with similar names I guessed it wouldn't be a problem the ' character. I have 2 more devices that are currently being graphed and who's interfaces have the same naming scheme and were added with no issues[/quote18c6a0aeb6]

The error is because the name isn't being escaped correctly. bug#295 was created to deal with these escaping issues. This should be resolved by the next release (either 0.17.1 or 0.18).

- Kevin

A7V

07-10-2004 09:14:47

Thank you for the help.
I guess I owe everyone an apology as I did what should never be done submit a new problem without searching if anyone had reported it already oops